Software Planning and Estimation
Properly managing, estimating, and scheduling a software team can often be more of an art than a science. However, there are lessons to be learned from past examples and considerations to take into account regardless of what project you are working on. First, read the excerpt from "Mythical Man-Month": http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~evans/greatworks/mythical.pdf
Write an essay that details the pitfalls and considerations needed in proper software scheduling. In your essay, answer the following:
- What is the man-month?
- What is Brook’s Law? What is the importance of it in regards to software development scheduling?
- How would you justify a particular time/effort estimate?
- What factors need to be considered when justifying cost?
- How can project managers handle slipping deadlines?
- What CASE tools or formulas are available that aid in the software estimation process? Describe how they support management decisions
The essay should be four to five pages in length, double-spaced. This does not include a cover page and works cited page. At least two sources must come from peer-reviewed journal articles. Please use APA formatting to cite all of your sources.
Running head: SOFTWARE SCHEDULING Software Scheduling
February 8, 2017 1 SOFTWARE SCHEDULING 2
Introduction The target of Software Scheduling is to make...
This question was answered on: Dec 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $18.50
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Dec 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.