Can someone Help with the following questions.
1. Increased body size and robustness, changes in limb proportions, and greater encephalization indicate H. erectus hominins were ________ modern humans in their adaptive pattern than their African ancestors were.
b.the opposite of
c.vastly different from
2. Homo erectus populations lived in very different environments but they shared several common ________.
3. The fossil remains discovered at Zhoukoudian are the ________ collection of H. erectus material found anywhere.
4. The assumption that the first definite evidence of hominin fire-use comes from Zhoukoudian has recently been ________ due to re-investigation.
d.supported with artifactual evidence
5. A separate species status has been suggested to distinguish African from Asian samples, with ________ being used for African remains and H. erectus being reserved solely for Asian material.
6. More fossils mean more variation, so it should not be surprising that interpretation regarding proper taxonomic assessment of remains is ________.
a.prone to increased mistakes
b.rejected by opposing views
d.dismissed through comparative analysis
7. The temporal span of H. erectus includes two different stone tool industries, ________.
a.Dmanisi and Java
b.Oldowan and Acheulian
c.Sima del Elefante and Gran Dolina
d.hard and soft
8. Evidence of butchering is widespread at H. erectus sites, but many studies suggest hominins were ________.
a.using stone tools to hunt for meat
b.hunting large animals
c.not successful in acquiring meat
d.scavenging meat from animals killed by carnivores
9. Some of the earliest emigrants from Africa, like those found at the European site of ________, don't show the entire suite of H. erectus physical and behavioral traits.
c.Sima del Elefante
10. It was ________ who transformed hominin evolution to human evolution.
11. Premodern humans were a diverse group dispersed over three ________.
12. The general similarities in African premodern fossils indicate ________, almost certainly representing a single species.
a.long habitation in the region
b.a close relationship
13. Middle Pleistocene hominins from Africa and Europe are usually referred to as ________.
c.direct lineal ascendants
14. Compared with anatomically modern humans, the Neandertal ________ projects almost as if it were pulled forward.
15. The Moula-Guercy Neandertals provide the best-documented evidence thus far of Neandertal ________.
16. The first ever Neandertal hyoid bone is especially important because it suggests Neandertals did not differ from modern H. sapiens in ________ capability.
17. Neandertals advanced their ________ well beyond that of earlier hominins and left evidence they were successful hunters.
18. Many researchers are convinced that Upper Paleolithic H. sapiens had some significant ________ advantages over Neandertals and other premodern humans.
19. Neandertals and modern humans ________ in some parts of Europe for up to 15,000 years, so Neandertals didn't disappear suddenly.
b.fought with each other
d.occupied the same sites
20. Anthropologists have known for some time that Neandertals deliberately ________ their dead.
21. The ________ is based on the origin of modern humans in Africa and later replacement of populations in Europe and Asia.
a.regional continuity model
b.partial replacement model
c.displacement theory model
d.complete replacement model
22. Supporters of ________ claim that some interbreeding occurred between emigrating Africans and resident premodern populations elsewhere.
a.regional continuity models
b.complete replacement models
c.partial replacement models
d.displacement theory models
23. The herto fossils have been placed in the newly defined subspecies: ________.
b.H. sapiens idaltu
c.H. sapiens herto
d.H. sapiens sapiens
24. The predecessors of the tiny hominins called ________, found on the island of Flores were probably H. erectus populations like those found on Java.
b.H. erectus minis
c.H. sapiens hobbit
d.H. sapiens erectus
25. Upper Paleolithic cultures are usually divided into five different industries, based on ________.
a.stone tool technologies
This question was answered on: Dec 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free solution (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Dec 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).