I attached Homework. Please let me know the answer
Analyze cost behavior at a hospital using various cost estimation methods (Learning
Objectives 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5)
Freida Dudley is the Chief Operating Officer at Memorial Hospital in Scandia,
Minnesota. She is analyzing the hospital?s overhead costs but is not sure whether nursing
hours or the number of patient days would be the best cost driver to use for predicting the
hospital?s overhead. She has gathered the following information for the last six months of
the most recent year:
Nursing Number of
Hours Patient Days
per Patient Day
1. Are the hospital?s overhead costs fixed, variable, or mixed? Explain.
2. Graph the hospital?s overhead costs against nursing hours. Use Excel or graphby
3. Graph the hospital?s overhead costs against the number of patient days. Use Excel
or graph by hand.
4. Do the data appear to be sound or do you see any potential data problems?
5. Use the high-low method to determine the hospital?s cost equation using nursing
hours as the cost driver. Predict total overhead costs if 23,500 nursing hours
arepredicted for the month.
6. Ms. Dudley runs a regression analysis using nursing hours as the cost driver
topredict total hospital overhead costs. The Excel output from the regression
analysisis shown next:
If 23,500 nursing hours are predicted for the month, what is the total predicted hospital
7. Ms. Dudley then ran the regression analysis using number of patient days as the
cost driver. The Excel output from the regression is shown here:
If 3,300 patient days are predicted for the month, what is the total predicted hospital overhead?
8. Which regression analysis (using nursing hours or using number of patient days as
the cost driver) produces the best cost equation? Explain your answer
This question was answered on: Dec 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $18.50
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Dec 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.