Unit I Assignment
Create one APA style Word document
Unit I Assignment ,
Create one APA style Word document with a cover page to submit for the assignment that answers the following questions. References are NOT required. Limit each response to a maximum of 250 words; many responses may only require 100 words or less. Please include the questions so that the instructor can clearly identify your responses. Be sure to read each question carefully. ,
1. Topic: What is the area of research you are interested in (1-3 sentences)? (1 pt., required) ,
2. Variables: Related to your research topic, list 4 variables that might be measured. The 4 variables must include one from each of the following measurement scales: nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio variable. If you cannot find a variable for a scale, explain why it is difficult, given your topic of interest. (9 pts.) ,
3. Hypotheses: Create both a hypothesis and a null hypothesis related to your topic. (7 pts.) ,
4. Research Approach: Describe whether experimental or correlational research would be better for your topic. What would be the costs/benefits of each approach? (9 pts.) ,
5. Reliability/Validity: Related to your topic, describe the importance of reliability and validity. Explain whether it is possible to have one without the other, and why. (9 pts.) ,
6. Sample/Population: What is the difference between a sample and a population? Why is the difference important in statistics? (9 pts.) ,
7. Central Tendency: Consider the follow data set. What are the mean, median, and mode? Which measure of central tendency best describes this data? Why? Use a calculator, Excel, or any other means desired for the calculations. (9 pts.) ,
8. Dispersion: Using the same data set (above), calculate the range, interquartile range, variance, and standard deviation. What do the results indicate about the ?spread? of the data? (9 pts.) ,
9. Descriptive Statistics: Why is it important to calculate the basic descriptive statistics before completing inferential statistical analyses? (9 pts.) ,
10. Statistical Significance: Considering the hypotheses created in question 5, if the results of a statistical test on them returned a statistically significant result, what would that mean from both a practical and a statistical viewpoint? (Hint: be sure to include ?null hypothesis? and ?effect size? in your response). (9 pts.) ,
11. Type I & Type II error: Considering your response to question 10, what are the implications of making a Type I error? Type II error? (9 pts.) ,
12. Concerns: Are there any concerns you would like to share with your professor? (1 pt., and required). ,
This question was answered on: Dec 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $18.50
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Dec 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.